The purpose of the New Member’s Discipleship Development Orientation courses is to:
1. Give a new member a clear understanding of the significance of the new life in Christ.
2. Explain the responsibilities inherited because of the Christian experience.
3. Define what it means to become a member of God’s Church. By using God’s Word as the final authority, New Member’s Discipleship Development Orientation also seeks to emphasize the distinction between church membership and Christian Discipleship.
The topics discussed in the course are designed to move people from church membership to Christian Discipleship.
1. To help each member understand and reaffirm his/her conversion experience and their commitment: to Christ and the Church.
2. To help each member understand and accept the privileges and responsibilities of church membership.
3.To help each member understand and accept the responsibilities of Christian Discipleship (Bible Study, Prayer, Tithing, Charitable Giving and Worship)
4.To help each new member become a growing participant in the life and ministry of the Christian fellowship.
New Members Discipleship Development Orientation Staff
Dr. Rosalind Osgood, Minister of Christian Education
Sister Mary Hankerson Director of Church School Ministries
Deacon George Morgan, Dean of Discipleship Development
Brother Thomas Rutland, Assistant Dean of Discipleship Development
Sister Cynthia Gibson, Executive Assistant of Church School Ministries